Josh and I are officially settling into our new place in Portland. It’s good to be back. My fiber studio is slowly taking shape. First up was a simple sewing project. Castor oil has a lot of uses. But I was tired of soaking an old washcloth in it to make an oil pack. So I made a cloth one out of stash fabric.
This was a simple and quick project. I made the outer rectangles 8.5″ x 5.5″ and lined it with batting. Then I added three inner seams to compress the fabric and give it more maneuverability.
My friend Evi gave me a large plastic bin full of stash fabric as a welcome home gift. What a fabulous present!
In other news I scored this gem from a Facebook group:
I’ve wanted a Serger for years! This one was super cheap from a local woman who never grooved with it. The dust pile on the left is from sweeping out the lower region. Now that it’s cleaned I need to learn how to thread it. The ones at school were always pre-threaded so off to YouTube I go!