I’ve created a new monster pattern! This time it’s a sewing pattern kit that comes with instructions and all the materials you need to make your own monster. The precut fabric is made from upcycled sweaters. The felt, yarn, ribbon and buttons are all upcycled as well. I’ve chosen the name of this kit to reflect these materials being reused for a new purpose: Renovare Monstrum (Latin for Renew Monster).
A limited supply is now available at Salty Teacup in Portland. Future kits will be available for sale online. Stay tuned!
As always, my faithful sewing assitant supervised the design process.
Josh and I are officially settling into our new place in Portland. It’s good to be back. My fiber studio is slowly taking shape. First up was a simple sewing project. Castor oil has a lot of uses. But I was tired of soaking an old washcloth in it to make an oil pack. So I made a cloth one out of stash fabric.
This was a simple and quick project. I made the outer rectangles 8.5″ x 5.5″ and lined it with batting. Then I added three inner seams to compress the fabric and give it more maneuverability.
My friend Evi gave me a large plastic bin full of stash fabric as a welcome home gift. What a fabulous present!
In other news I scored this gem from a Facebook group:
I’ve wanted a Serger for years! This one was super cheap from a local woman who never grooved with it. The dust pile on the left is from sweeping out the lower region. Now that it’s cleaned I need to learn how to thread it. The ones at school were always pre-threaded so off to YouTube I go!